1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silvertown Tunnel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 58frankh, Oct 16, 2014.

1. 58frankh New Member

Just had an email invitation to complete TfL's survey about a new Silvertown tunnel. The only real opportunity to say you don't want a Silvertown tunnel is in reply to a question "We consider that a new crossing is needed to improve the resilience of the road network in east London, relieve congestion at the Blackwall Tunnel and beyond and to support growth in London’s population. Do you agree that a new crossing is needed and could successfully address these issues?"
    In my view a new crossing is needed but not there; it should be East of Woolwich. So while my truthful answer to their question is 'yes' that would be counted as approving the Silvertown option. All the other Qs in the survey are about the detail surrounding the tunnel.
  2. Chris Member

Why does this not surprise me?

I assume that if you write what you think somewhere in the survey your opinion will be discarded as you 'spoilt your ballot paper' so to speak. Or, they will just take it as a yes.

Either way Tfl and their business chums salivating in the background will not listen to you or me.

I also note from another site that Tfl are going to withdraw their Walk London website due to cost cuts. Nice to see they're getting their priorities right again!
  3. PeteC New Member

Classic consultation questions - ask only questions that deliver the answers you want... and then TfL just tick the box in the legal process that says 'Has a consultation taken place?'