1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Siberian cats gone missing from Maidenstone Hill

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael Houlihan, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Michael Houlihan New Member

Hi everyone,
    My fiance and I have lived on Maidenstone hill for a few years.
    We had two, 2 year old Siberian cats, that are outdoor cats, but didn't normally stray far from the house i.e. no more than 50 metres as far as we could tell.
    Both are neutered, and micro-chipped, but didn't have collars.
    2 months ago one of them went missing - Tux. We put up a lot of posters, but haven't had any sign of him since.
    This week, his sister Mima has now gone missing as well.
    We are very worried and suspect there must be something bad going on in Greenwich.
    Mima has stayed very close to the house, and to us, but even more so since her brother went missing. So she really wouldn't have gone far of her own accord.
    There are lots of foxes in the area, but they were both quite big cats. As such, if the foxes were killing cats we suspect there would have been more incidents with other cats on the street, but there don't appear to have been any.
    I have attached a picture of the two of them together.
    Any information any one has would be hugely appreciated. We are obviously very sad, and concerned.
    Thanks,
    Michael

Attached Files:

2. rob Administrator

I've shared this on the Greenwich.co.uk twitter and Facebook as well for you, Michael.
  3. Mr H Member

Hi Michael, sorry to hear your news. We had the horrible decision to put our cat to sleep just over a week ago and we are devastated, they really are a part of the family.

Unfortunately there seems to be quite a few cats and dogs go missing in blackheath/Greenwich. I dont know if there are more cases or that I've just noticed the posters more.

I would be surprised if someone is managing to steal the cats as cats are often quick to get away from strangers.

All the best and hope they come back soon