1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Breakfast in Greenwich

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rob, Feb 2, 2013.

1. rob Administrator

Following all the great contributions to Lara's "favourite Greenwich restaurants" thread, I thought it would be fun to dig a bit deeper and look at specific meals. So who does the best breakie in Greenwich? Whether it's the mighty full english or great pastries and coffee, where do you go if you want a breakfast treat to set yourself up for the day?

It would be great to know your recommendations for a great local breakfast - where to go and what to have from the menu.
    lararuffle likes this.
  2. Thomas Turrell New Member

If you're talking Greenwich as a Borough it has to be the Valley Cafe on Charlton Church Lane. They do the best Fry up and provide great value for money. If your not talking about the Borough as a whole then Charlton isn't far from Greenwich, so if you're in need of a great breakfast do the walk to Charlton!
  3. Nelson's Left Eye New Member

The Trafalgar Cafe and the nearby cafe attached to Hardy's both do great breakfasts.

Just across the road is Alacosta which is also good.
  4. Jack Rich New Member

I've got a few favourites in this category, probably in this order:

- Royal Teas on Royal Hill. Mrs is a pescetarian so this is a favourite of hers and I must say I've not been disappointed. Love the variety and it's nice to have other options than a fry up - last time I had the 'American', never seen anything like it - bean filled tortillas with poached eggs on top, with salsa etc on the side. Smaller dishes such as eggs florentine etc very good, plus everything is very well priced.
    - Babas Cafe. You get what you pay for - great place for a Saturday fry up, lots of different options and extras can be added, plus plenty of room.
    - Back on Royal Hill there's Buenos Aires deli - this is more for the atmosphere than the food which is basics - croissant, pain au chocolat etc. Good coffee and a great place to bring the paper on a Saturday/Sunday morning. But it's always busy so often hard to get a seat.
  5. Gema Member

Personally, I struggle to find a good breakfast in Greenwich...however, if you are into awesome classic cafe's then take a walk through the park to Blackheath Standard and visit Gambardella's. Does anyone know of any other retro classic eatteries in the area? I am a sucker for formica and mid-century fittings....

http://www.classiccafes.co.uk/GambardellaSpecial2.htm
  6. Chris Member

Another thumbs up for The Valley Cafe.