1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghosts Of Greenwich

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jezebel, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Jezebel Member

Hi everyone.

This might be an interesting topic for some of you. I'm a medium and have always been fascinated by ghosts. Of course we've all heard stories of certain places.
    I was just talking to Rob about Charlton house which has plenty of activity.

Charlton House Ghosts
    There are many ghosts haunting Charlton house, although I've never done a seance in there (give me time) I've heard of plenty of stories. One which is most fascinating is on the first floor there is a man who hates women and women have been particularly affected by his presence.
    I've also heard that a woman and her baby were buried alive behind one of the fireplaces. Could have been a affair gone particularly sour as they often did in those early centuries.
    If your ever along Charlton Road late at night usually in November-December you will quite often hear the sound of horses and carriages rolling along. Usually these are risidual energy which just replay certain events constantly. Most likely leaving from a grand ball at the house in tudor times.
    Sir William Langhorn and his brother are thought to be resident ghosts. They lived in the house in 1680. Sir william aged 80 married a 17 year old girl from charlton village in hope of producing an heir to his fortune. He died two months after the wedding in 1715 before she even conceived, it is thought he roams the house and grounds in search of a fertile bride.
    Sir william is buried in the ground at Charlton parish church.
    sony wolf likes this.
  2. Jezebel Member

The Mysterious Blob Of Greenwich Park
    This ones always fascinated me. There is a local folklore which describes a blob like shadow hiding mysteriously in trees in Greenwich Park. It's mostly spotted on One tree hill. Sometimes dogs refuse to walk down the pathway leading down from one tree hill. Maybe they are sensing the blob?
  3. sony wolf Member

The Charlton house blue room I think it was called is where the woman hating spirit is, several years ago I did a training course at charlton house and we were warned not to go into that room, hmm red rag to a bull we ventured in, not a nice area you could feel a not nice presence in there, also the room we was in the doors used to bang and you could hear foot steps. I'm also a medium and when very young saw the grey lady at the top of the tulip staircase in the National Maritime Museum.
  4. Jezebel Member

I know Greenwich Guide on twitter said something about local ghost hunts, we should definitely get a ghost group together and investigate these places.
    sony wolf likes this.