1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New university building disappoints Guardian's architecture critic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rob, Sep 18, 2014.

1. rob Administrator

The Guardian's architecture and design critic Oliver Wainwright has been to check out the University of Greenwich's new building in Stockwell Street. He says the new addition to Greenwich is a good building "that could have been a truly great one."

He adds:

He blames compromises in response to input from various points of the planning stage for turning it in to "generic developer filler".

Wainwright is more generous about the interior: "The spectacular new facilities unfold in spaces that somehow manage to incorporate lofty ceiling heights into what is not a tall building."

Read the full article here

Planning permission was granted in Spring 2011 and construction on the building has just finished with students already making use of the brand new facilities.

What do you think of the new university building?
  2. Mr H Member

Design wise it's okay, but my God it's far too big. If I was the owners of the homes on the other side (the back) I wouldn't be too pleased to see that at the bottom of the garden